Rafia Qaseem Baig, Pakistan's first ever female bomb disposal officer

Rafia Qaseem Baig bomb disposal officer
Rafia Qaseem Baig, from Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (KPK), is all set to become Pakistan's first ever bomb disposal officer.
The brave and ambitious 29-year-old became a policewoman seven years ago and was the only female among 31 police officials shortlisted for the Explosive Ordnance Disposal(EOD). The elementary course in Nowshera is a programme that focuses on handling and defusing explosives.
Rafia Qaseem Baig bomb disposal officer
Rafia Qaseem Baig will be part of the Bomb Disposal Unit that plays an important role in stopping terror attacks in KPK.
While talking to a local newspaper, Rafia said:
"Women are playing a role in every field, including air force, army, police and administration. Then why not in the Bomb Disposal Unit."
Rafia is also extremely proud of the milestone she has achieved:
“I am not only representing women or the police force. I am representing the Pakistani nation. I never imagined that I was going to end up making history on such a scale."
Bomb disposal units have played a very important role in stopping terror attacks in KPK and we are more than glad that finally, a woman can contribute to this noble cause.