Another shark assault calls for nets

Another shark assault calls for nets



A wise man once said you shouhld to experience each week like its Shark Week. That man may have been to Ballina, Australia.

Beaches over Ballina Shire are shut after a shark attack.Seneca Rus, 25, got away with minor leg injuries after a shark knock him off his board while surfing at Ballina.

He said, "I was laying on my board and unexpectedly a shark just came up from underneath and thumped me off my board and took somewhat of a bite out of my leg, one of the teeth, and mainly just got the board and the fiberglass".

He further included: "I feel extremely fortunate. It's almost similar to a touch of, I don't know, just a blessing all the limbs still here and one in a million that you had turned out with everything and only a scratch truly, not all that much".

As a result of the incident, New South Wales state chief Mike Baird is approaching the central government for permission to introduce nets along the state's northern beaches for a six-month trial.

Lifeguards, police and the council have shut all beaches over the territory. Caution signs have been raised and lifeguards will stay on-scene to ready beachgoers.